Monday, July 9, 2012

Sewing Camp This Week


I spent most of June getting organized and decluttered. July is going to be for digging in and getting things done. I've arranged the weeks as follows:

July 9-Sewing Camp
July 16-Photography Camp
July 23-Art Camp
July 30-Sewing Camp II

I usually go to the John C. Campbell Folk School to attend a week-long camp, but it just didn't work out this summer. So I thought, "But there's no reason why I can't make my own camps and learn about things I'm interested in." So that's exactly what I'm doing and am pretty excited about it.

I thought about being in 'class' all day, but with my other household duties, that's not possible. So I'm giving over 1 1/2 hours in the morning and the same in the afternoon for a total of 3 hours a day for camp. I should be able to get lots done in that time. I'll report back at the end of the week and let you know.

This morning I was able to get the panties almost finished and should be able to do that this afternoon.

This is the list of things I hope to accomplish during the two sewing camps this month.
1. Make girls' crossover dresses and panties
2. Make 3-4 pillows for the couch
3. Finish all repairs in basket
4. Make girls' white linen birthday dresses
5. Make blue ticking flowers and attach to a brown canvas purse

So that's my plan for this week's Sewing Camp.

8 comments:

Angela said...

That is a really fun idea. I might join you. I love those criss cross baby dresses. My mom used to make them for my sister and me when we were little.

Pom Pom said...

I have a slight case of seamstress block so I should go to sewing camp! Great idea!

Barbara said...

Sewing camp? Cool! By any chance do you give lessons?

Leslie said...

What a wonderful idea! Love that sweet pink fabric. I think I must be having reading and napping camp today. :P

debbie bailey said...

No, Barbara. I don't give lessons, but Deb Bee's Designs does over on Highway 80 West.

Barbara said...

Alas, they're only open when I'm working :(

GretchenJoanna said...

I love this idea - I would get a lot more done than I ever have when I did a group sewing day and such like. I might have to make my camps in the fall, but it is a worthy goal. Also your expectations sound realistic given that the usual household chores remain.

Unknown said...

Brilliant idea! I should totally do this on my day off!