Sunday, March 25, 2012

Goodbye Teacup Header


As much as I loved my tea cup header, I felt that it was time for spring to show up, so I changed my header photo to apple blossoms. I took this image last year in our fruit orchard. This year the trees have already bloomed and leafed out. We've had an early spring. Good thing we didn't get a late killing frost. It would have wiped out all fruit for this year.

We have several varieties of apples and peaches, a fig tree, two pear trees, a plum tree (maybe two), and a row of blueberry bushes. And there's raspberries next to the blueberries.

Around the property we also have muscadine grapes, persimmons, blackberries, crabapples, a mulberry tree, and lots of pecan trees. We are blessed to live in a place where the growing season is almost year round. I'll try to remember that this summer when it's 102 degrees in the shade and 100% humidity!

2 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

Gorgeous header! You ARE blessed to have such a variety of fruit trees and vines. Wow.

libbyquilter said...

~!!~Wow~!!~
this new header is fabulous~what a beautiful photo~!!~
it sounds like you are going to have a bountiful harvest. i'm glad the frost didn't take that away from you.

:-)
libbyQ