Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Maxfield Parrish and Me



















Late summer is the time when giant thunderheads produce afternoon and evening storms. There have been some beautiful displays of fluffy clouds and dark blue skies. I believe that the painter Maxfield Parrish must have loved these dramatic clouds as much as I do, because so many of his paintings show them. Do you see a similarity between his paintings and my photographs? If only I could paint them like he could. I'll just have to be content with my photographs.





3 comments:

libbyquilter said...

i do see similarites~!

it's interesting what catches our eyes and hearts as photographers . . . i
i see and enjoy those skies but almost never feel compelled to shoot them.
same with portraits.
but when it comes to the tiny details i MUST get at least one shot (often many more).

i'm glad you feel the need though as they are beautiful and you do a good job of showing that.

:-)
libbyQ

Jeannette said...

those skies, your photos of them, are lovely... and yes i see the visionary similarity.

debbie bailey said...

Libby, I usually photograph small things, too. Clouds rarely turn out as they are in real life, but these were so magnificent, I had to try and capture them.