Monday, September 6, 2010

Expressing My Heart Through Another's Writings

Even though I consider myself a writer, there are plenty of times when I can't put into words what I'm feeling in my heart.

I'm reading Living Prayer by Robert Benson. This man can definitely write down in words what's in my heart. This is what I read this morning: "We look for saints and for mystics whose words speak to us. We seek out the poets and preachers and pilgrims whose language seems somehow our own, in the hope they will explain what we know we have heard in the depths of our hearts."

When I read something that's in my heart that's written by another person, I have an 'Ah ha!' moment. This was one of those times.

Thank God for the written word and for people who have the gift of expression.

3 comments:

Mary said...

This is so true!! Sometimes it's hard to put words to our feelings, and when we come across words of others we say, "yes, that's it".

I love how God directs us to those.

Blessings!

Mary said...

love that quote, must right it down.
well, must get that book! :)

Jeannette said...

I hear that...