Sunday, November 8, 2009

New Curtains

After watching Julie & Julia, I bought some blue gingham check curtains for my kitchen. I loved the ones in Julia Child's kitchen and wanted to get that look. I already have red gingham check curtains for the kitchen. Either color matches as most of my kitchen is red and blue with touches of yellow.

I think I'll hang the red ones in the winter to warm things up and the blue ones in the summer to cool the room down. I'm going to leave the blue ones up through this winter, though, since they're new. I just love gingham curtains. They're so clean, fresh, and country.

3 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Love the curtains! I have fabric (not gingham, though that gingham is looking awfully fresh, I must say) to make new kitchen curtains, and your curtains are inspiring. Enjoy them!

frances

p.s. I like the idea of switching out curtains seasonally.

Katy said...

They look great! I can't wait to see them in person!

Rowan said...

I love gingham curtains too, I agree that they always look fresh and pretty. I need a blind as my kitchen window faces south but I think I may get some gingham curtains as well.