Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Welcoming Fall

Hello fall! I love you! I love you! It's my favorite season.

Darcie and I celebrated last night by having her favorite chicken salad (with grapes and celery) on a croissant. I know that doesn't sound very "fallish", but she won't eat the stew I had made. I was in an indulgent mood.

For dessert we made Smores in the microwave. I know that's lame, but who wants to start a bonfire when it's 75 degrees outside? Not I!

The thin, summery clothes are put away. No whites after Labor Day around here! I'll swelter for a few weeks in my fall clothes until cooler weather gets here. I'd rather mark the seasons as I remember them growing up than adapt to this hotter climate I live in now. Call me stubborn. Yes, I am, but that's how I roll!

3 comments:

Katy said...

Roll on, girl!

I like to wear my cowboy boots on the first fallish day, usually at the end of October!

Laura A said...

Ah, yes, the quintessential dilemma of a Southern fall--how to dress for a new season that hasn't really arrived yet!

Lydia said...

When did ya'll get a microwave?!?!? I remember you popping your popcorn at TCS every afternoon :)