Thursday, June 18, 2009

Photos from Fripp


These photos are from the fabulous Fripp Island off the coast of South Carolina. This is the second year we've gone for a week in May while rates are lower, temperatures are cooler, and crowds are fewer.

I love this place! I hope we make it an annual event. I like it because there are only a few shops and no tourists. You can't even get on the island unless you're staying here. There's a gate where you stop and pick up your pass before you drive on the island. There are some fabulous houses to look at. We drive around and pick out our favorites and try and decide which one we might buy. Yeah, right!

The kids love the wildlife. The deer came up our front steps looking for food. You can even pet them. We saw two huge alligators sunning next to a lake. Scary! There are all kinds of birds and small animals. A raccoon had left green paw prints across the concrete when it walked on a freshly painted porch.

We get around on golf carts and bicycles. Last year we had a golf cart limo that would hold us all. This year we all piled on a six-seater cart and looked like the Beverly Hillbillies leaving the mountains of Tennessee. All I needed was my rocking chair to make the look complete.

Laurel and her boys are going again with a friend and her children in a few weeks. Needless to say, I'm very jealous. Maybe I'll crash their party! Laurel and Stacy...don't read this. I don't want to spoil the surprise!










No comments: