Monday, June 29, 2009

A New Goal


Starting today, I'm giving myself a new challenge. It's similar to the Push-up Challenge I did a while back. This one is called The Squat Challenge. The goal is to do 200 consecutive squats in six weeks.

Before you begin, you take a test to see how many squats you can do in a row. I did fifty, so I get to start at week 3! I've always had strong legs which I attribute to growing up in the mountains and riding a bike for hours a day and also to playing basketball for several years. After growing up, getting married, having children, and being housebound for most of the time, I've turned to yoga to keep me strong.

I mean I'm housebound because that's where my work is (not that I have some debilitating disease that keeps me in). Just wanted to clarify that. Although I guess ya'll are smart enough to figure out that if I'm doing a squat challenge, I couldn't have a debilitating disease.

Anyway....today is the first day. I'll keep you posted when I've finished the challenge. Hopefully I'll be able to do 200. I don't think this will be nearly as hard as doing 100 push-ups.

1 comment:

Chile said...

The real question for me is "How many squats can I do today and still be able to walk tomorrow?" I know it's not 50.

Good luck!