Monday, April 6, 2009

Our Cherry Tree





This tree is amazing!  Our whole family anticipates it's annual blooming.  I don't know the exact name for it, only that it's an ornamental Japanese cherry tree.

When the petals start to fall, the whole ground turns pink.  I love to stand under it when the wind blows and have the petals swirl all around and over me.  It's like being in a snowstorm of pink!  Fabulous, fabulous tree!  It  makes me happy!

P.S.  Those are seashells we collected last summer on the picnic table.  I don't want to throw them away but don't know what to do with them, so for now they're here.

3 comments:

laurel said...

I love that tree. I look forward to it every year...not with as much anticipation as blueberry season, but definitely second!

jennyevelyn said...

OOOOOOh I have one next to my house! Its really beautiful and Macon is full of them...we even have a festival every year! I love photographing them too! I did a bridal once and had someone shake the tree...one of my favorite bridals.

Chile said...

Your tree is gorgeous!